Time for another recipe, the viral SOY SAUCE MARINATED EGG YOLKS that are very popular in Korea and Japan.
There are many version of marinated egg yolk recipe, for easier version, you can simply marinate egg yolk in soy sauce, but of course this version tastes even better with more flavor dimensions.
Some Korean version uses cooking wine, while Japanese version uses Mirin, since we have mirin, we decided to make Japanese version.The marinated egg yolk is really OISHII! It’s like tamago kake gohan but the new elevated version. Note: make sure to use good quality of egg that’s safe to be consumed raw/ half cook, we’re using premium omega egg yolk for this recipe.
6 egg yolks
100ml soy sauce
1 spring onion
– Boil all ingredients (except egg yolk) in a pot with medium heat for 6minutes
– Cool down the sauce, remove the onion and spring onion
– Pour the sauce on top of egg yolk slowly
– Refrigerate for 2 hours
– Flip over the yolk and keep inside refrigerator for another 2 hours (minimal 4 hours in total both side). You can keep it longer in the refrigerator to let it more marinated (for example 24 hours)
– Serve the egg yolk along with a teaspoon of sauce on top of rice with sesame seed and nori/ seaweed flakes
The egg yolk has nice rich smooth melt in the mouth texture with nice hint of salty flavor, it’s very delicious to eat with warm rice. Give it a try and let us know what do you think about it.
Don’t forget to subscribe/ follow our blog to get updates on your email about our new post.