I always adore my mom for her cooking and baking skills. She always manages to produce delicious treats from her kitchen. And one of my most favorite treats from her would be her cheese roll cake.
Soft fluffy sponge cake rolled with abundant cheese filling that I just couldn’t get enough with. I always love to ask her to make me her cheese roll cake and no matter how busy or tired she was, she always bakes it for me.
Inspired by my mom, I decided to bake my own version of roll cake for her. I used three color, yellow (original), green (pandan) and pink (strawberry) in one batter of cake so it will look prettier and unique.
The recipe is very simple you can try it at home easily. I’m sure that not all of you have an oven right? But you don’t have to worry because the recipe does not require an oven to bake it. You can just simply mix the ingredients and cook it with non-sticky pan on the stove. Here’s the recipe:
3 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp flour
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 drops of pandan flavoring
2 drops of strawberry flavoring
½ tsp baking powder
60 gr of grated Kraft Cheddar Cheese
1. Beat the eggs and sugar with mixer until it expands
2. Add flour and mix it well slowly
3. Add cooking oil and mix it well
4. Divide the batter into three bowls, add pandan flavoring into one of the bowl and strawberry flavoring into the other bowl
5. Heat the non-sticky pan with a lil bit of cooking oil. Pour all of the batter in the pan, cook in low heat around 5 minutes while covering it with aluminium foil
6. Remove the cake from pan and wrap it with plastic wrap. Let it cool
7. Cut of the edges
8. Spread the whipped cream on top of the cake, add grated cheese and roll the cake
Note: make sure you use clean and dry bowl to beat the eggs in order to get the best fluffy result.
The roll cake turned out to be very pretty with a combination of three color. Even though the cake is very easy to make and it does not require oven. It tastes just as good as the normal roll cake baked in oven. Soft fluffy spongy and sweet roll cake with sweet yet savory cheese filling, delish!
Now it is my turn to give back to my mom, I can make roll cake for her any time she wants it since I already have the ultimate roll cake recipe in my recipe book. How about you? Any plan or story about giving back to your parents? Please share the story with me at http://www.kejumooo.com and get a chance to win special prizes from KRAFT.
Follow @AnakJajan for latest update:
A N A K J A J A N
INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK
Don’t forget to subscribe/ follow our blog so you can get an update on your email about our new post.
2 thoughts on “[RECIPE] KRAFT Tricolor Cheese Roll Cake (No Oven)”
hi i want to ask when do you add the baking powder? thank you
Together with the flour