When hunger struck and there’s no food at home, the only solution is to go out and get some food or cook something easy and fast.
This kind of situation always happens to me all the time but usually I’m too lazy to go out. That’s why I always have some ingredients supply at home for emergency hunger S.O.S situation and one the the must have supply at our home is ready to use sauce from WORLDFOODS.
There was one day when I was soo hungry and there were only some ingredients left in my house such as leftover rice, some beef sausage and egg. I decided to go crazy and cook Tom Yum Baked Rice.
For the Tom Yum sauce I conveniently use WORLDFOODS Thai Galangal Lemon Grass Stir-Fry sauce is free from gluten, dairy, nut and of course without any preservatives or food coloring.
This dish was inspired by Indonesian Nasi Gila and also western Baked rice.
75gr WORLDFOODS Thai Galangal Lemon Grass Stir-Fry sauce
1 egg (beaten)
50gr onion (chopped)
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp lime juice
1 tbsp butter
60gr sausage (diced)
1/4 tsp salt
30gr grated mozarella cheese
1. Heat the pan and add oil
2. Sautee onion, add WORLDFOODS Thai Galangal Lemon Grass Stir-Fry sauce, salt, sugar and lime juice. Stir well and let it boil
3. Add the egg into the sauce and stir well until the egg distributed evenly in the sauce, let it boil until it thickens.
4. Melt butter in the pan. Add rice, sausage and salt
5. Fried the rice until fragrant
6. Put the rice on (oven safe) plate, pour the sauce and topped with grated cheese
7. Set oven at 180 C. Bake the rice until cheese melts
8. Serve it while its hot
This whole crazy fusion dish just surprised me!! Because the combination actually worked and taste incredibly delicious!! The best part is it only needs less than 10 minutes to cook. The tangy Tom Yum flavor sauce with aromatic lemon grass aroma just blends perfectly with buttery rice and cheesy mozzarella. Let’s cook!!
WORLDFOODS is avaiable at any supermarket such as Food Hall, Giant, Grand Lucky, Hero, Hypermart, Kemchicks, Lotte Mart, Ranch Market,Yogya, etc. For other stores and detailed information click